Nowadays, uplift desks are quite popular. Many people are working in offices by standing desk or uplift desk. It is said that sitting for a long time makes employees irritated which affects productivity. Moreover, it impacts on health also. So, using a standing desk will give great benefits to health and productivity.
However, everything has its bad and good sides. The standing desk has too. Yes, it comes with great advantages but also has slight disadvantages. Let’s get to know briefly about the advantages and disadvantages of a standing desk.
Advantages Of Uplift Desk
- It improves mood. While working for long hours our mind becomes stressful, thus our mood most of the time remains off. So, using a standing desk will help you to change position many times, this will keep you happy and active.
- By using a standing desk increases blood circulation and delivers oxygen to the brain thus increases energy. When you sit for a long time it fails to transfer oxygen and so, you get swollen or aches.
- Using a standing desk helps to move muscle. Our body needs workout for proper blood circulation and pain-free exercise. When we sit for a long time our muscles don’t move thus it stops circulating blood. That’s why we feel pain. By using a standing desk we change our position from standing sitting which makes our body workout.
- We know that sitting for a long time increases calories thus your weight gets high. So, using a standing desk will burn 80% of your calorie.
- Standing desks reduces the risk of having diseases. While staying for long hours our body remains physically inactive and doesn’t get a workout this makes our body tired and signs of having a disease like diabetics, heart disease, and blood pressure.
- The standing desk also relieves back pains. Back pain is the most common issue experienced by adults and mostly by workers who sit for ⅞ hours at an office. Using a standing desk, your body remains straight and in a moving position, this reduces the result of having pains.
- If you are working in front of the mirror and your monitor is not placed at proper height also the chair is not suitable then it hurts the neck, shoulder, and headache. Using a standing desk will help to keep the monitor in front of you. It comes with two-level desks which allows you to put the monitor at one level and keyboard in one level. This keeps free from neck and shoulder pain.
- To keep your body fit and healthy regular exercise is needed. Using a standing desk keeps our body in moving motion like sit and stand. At the working hours, it makes workout for our body thus impacts a good effect on health.
- After huge research, it is seen that working for long hours but sitting impacts on our mind thus reducing productivity. Using a standing desk can increase productivity by up to 50%. When you attend your muscles get engaged and start pumping new blood to the brain. Thus you get a good mood and ability to perform new tasks.
Disadvantages of Uplift Desk
- Standing for a long time causes joint pain, back pain, swelling, and fatigue.
- You may find it uncomfortable using the monitor and keyboard by standing.
- It is difficult to have lunch by using a standing desk.
- Working by standing reduces concentration on working.
So far, given the advantages and disadvantages of an uplift desk. You have seen that it has huge advantages than disadvantages.
We spend a maximum of time sitting. At work time we sit. Also on off day, we spend most of the time sitting. Sitting for a long time makes the body lazy and unhealthy. So it’s time to remain active. Standing desk giving huge benefits to health. So, perform your work and keep the body active and healthy by using a standing desk.